Wine Tasting Bike Tour Discover the Lizandro valley and finish the ride at a prized boutique winery for a premium wine tasting experience
Wine Tasting Bike Tour
A mountain bike ride along the Lizandro valley with some fun challenges, finishing at a prized boutique winery for a six premium wine tasting experience.
Starting in Ericeira, you will ride into the countryside, across natural landscapes, vineyards, and agricultural fields. Your destination is a small historic town in the countryside, where, after a small picnic, you will be presented with a premium six wine tasting experience!
2h bike tour + picnic + wine tasting and transport back to Ericeira
morning or afternoon
Included with the tour:
- Premium Hardtail Mountain Bike
- Picnic before the winery
- 6 premium wines tasting
- Helmet and water bottle
- Experienced guide
- Action photos
- Transport from and to your hotel;
- From the ocean to the countryside, discover some of the natural and historical hidden gems of the Ericeira and Mafra region
- Ride always on the riverside in the always green Lizandro Valley, and enjoy the natural landscape, vineyards, and agricultural fields
- Enjoy a small picnic with local products at a countryside town before the winery
- Wine tasting at a prized boutique winery at the end of the ride. Taste of 6 different wines (white, red, and rosé) accompanied with olive oil and the famous local bread
- Taste an award-winning wine from a unique grape (Jampal) that only exists in this region. With a recovery program developed by the winery, this winery is the only producer in the world with certified vineyards of this specific grape variety.
- Available all year long from Tuesday to Sunday (booking required)
- One way route with around 12km and transport back to Ericeira after the wine tasting
- The ride is mainly flat, with very short easy climbs and small singletrack/technical sections. Some asphalt road towards the end of the ride, but mainly off-road riding
- The actual route you ride can be tailored to your tastes and level of fitness
- All services included in the price (wine tasting and transport)
Explore our tours
Ride with us
Everything you need to know about our tours
Mountain Biking is a great way to stay active and discover a region in an eco-friendly way. All our rides are adjustable to each person/group's ability and we make your safety and enjoyment our highest priority!
All Included Service
Just bring shoes and comfortable clothing, everything else is included: bike, helmet, water, snacks, and pickup/drop-off right from your hotel in the Ericeira area.
Premium Bikes and Gear
We don't cut corners when it comes to equipment and safety. You will be riding premium Kona Bicycles, featuring modern gear systems and hydraulic brakes.
The Best Local Guides
We not only know the area as well as anyone else, but we also actively maintain the trails you'll be using, and we tweak each route based on your interests and skill level.
On Tour Support/Coaching
Our guides provide on-tour coaching and support for any trailside issue and make sure you get the best possible experience on the bike, regardless of your experience level.
For individual bookings, we keep our groups small and within similar experience levels. It's the best way to make sure everyone can enjoy the ride and feel supported.
“We did the bike ride to the winery and it was the best day of our entire trip. We have three kids aged 12 to 20 and everyone enjoyed the ride (although the little kids complained they didn’t get any wine). Bruno was the consummate guide; helpful, funny and informative. Can’t recommend highly enough!”