Lizandro Trails Discover Ericeira's best mountain bike trails!
A guided tour around Ericeira's finest singletrack trails! Expect diverse scenery, from forests to wide-open areas and the coastline, fun descents, and challenging climbs!
With a wide variety of trails (most maintained by our team), this is a tour for those looking to experience mountain bike trail riding at its finest. The exact route is adjusted to each group's interests and skill level, but you can expect a bit of everything, from long flowing trails to slower slightly technical sections, as well as challenging climbs and amazing ocean views!
Up to 3.5h ride + transport to/from hotel
morning or afternoon
Included with the tour:
- Premium Hardtail Mountain Bike
- Helmet and water bottle
- Experienced guide and mountain bike coaching
- Transport from and to your hotel
- Expect kilometers of natural mountain bike trails. The Lizandro valley is our Ericeira bike park
- Most trails are based on ancient, hundreds of years old footpaths. These went out of use decades ago, but have been recovered and/or maintained by local mountain bike groups and the Ericeira Bike crew themselves in the last few years
- Natural landscape and diverse scenery, with little asphalt/road
- The ride features singletrack (cross-country/all-mountain style) trails, but also has some flat sections and some challenging climbs. We cross some asphalt roads only when there is no other option and only for short periods
- The usual route goes through both countryside and coastal trails, with varied terrain and landscapes
- The actual route you ride will be tailored to your preferences and level of fitness
- There is a wide variety of mountain bike trails, some of the best flowing singletrack in Portugal, it’s impossible to squeeze it all in just one ride
Explore our tours
Ride with us
Everything you need to know about our tours
Mountain Biking is a great way to stay active and discover a region in an eco-friendly way. All our rides are adjustable to each person/group's ability and we make your safety and enjoyment our highest priority!
All Included Service
Just bring shoes and comfortable clothing, everything else is included: bike, helmet, water, snacks, and pickup/drop-off right from your hotel in the Ericeira area.
Premium Bikes and Gear
We don't cut corners when it comes to equipment and safety. You will be riding premium Kona Bicycles, featuring modern gear systems and hydraulic brakes.
The Best Local Guides
We not only know the area as well as anyone else, but we also actively maintain the trails you'll be using, and we tweak each route based on your interests and skill level.
On Tour Support/Coaching
Our guides provide on-tour coaching and support for any trailside issue and make sure you get the best possible experience on the bike, regardless of your experience level.
For individual bookings, we keep our groups small and within similar experience levels. It's the best way to make sure everyone can enjoy the ride and feel supported.
“We did the bike ride to the winery and it was the best day of our entire trip. We have three kids aged 12 to 20 and everyone enjoyed the ride (although the little kids complained they didn’t get any wine). Bruno was the consummate guide; helpful, funny and informative. Can’t recommend highly enough!”