Sintra Mountain Biking Discover Sintra's best mountain bike trails in one of Portugal's most famous natural parks!
Sintra Mountain Biking
Sintra is home to some of Portugal's best MTB trails, suitable for a wide variety of skill levels, but perfect for experienced trail/enduro riders!
This is a full-day tour custom-tailored for each individual group. With a wide range of trails and variable terrain, from loamy dirt in the forest, to huge boulders and seaside trails, Sintra will get you high on adrenaline and leave you wanting for more at the end of the day!
4h ride + light lunch + transport from/to Ericeira
10am or 2pm (pickup time in Ericeira)
intermediate and advanced
Included with the tour:
- Premium Hardtail Mountain Bike (optional Full Suspension bike available)
- Light lunch/picnic
- Helmet, gloves, knee pads and water bottle
- Experienced guide and mountain bike coaching
- Action photos
- Transport from and to your hotel;
- Sintra's MTB trails are not only some of the best enduro and downhill trails in the country, but they're also within one of Portugal's natural parks, featuring an amazing landscape and luxurious forest
- Climb to the top of the mountain in Peninha and get inspired with the amazing Atlantic ocean views
- Sintra's trails offer a wide variety of terrain and lanscapes, from loamy dirt on the forest to hardpack and dry areas. You'll feel like you've been riding in a few different places in one day depending on which side of the mountain you are!
- Light lunch/picnic in the mountain is included. The perfect place to take your skills to the next level
- Circular route, customized for the group w/ transfer from and to your accommodation
- The ride involves multiple climbs and downhills. The top of the mountain at Peninha is a must-see stop, and the exact route is always defined at the spot based on the group's interests
- Expect all sorts of terrain and conditions, it can be hardpack in one place and loose and loamy in another
- Possibility of shuttle assisted rides with one or more uplifts (ask us for a quote)
- Full Suspension Bicycles (Kona Process 134/153) available as an optional extra
Explore our tours
Ride with us
Everything you need to know about our tours
Mountain Biking is a great way to stay active and discover a region in an eco-friendly way. All our rides are adjustable to each person/group's ability and we make your safety and enjoyment our highest priority!
All Included Service
Just bring shoes and comfortable clothing, everything else is included: bike, helmet, water, snacks, and pickup/drop-off right from your hotel in the Ericeira area.
Premium Bikes and Gear
We don't cut corners when it comes to equipment and safety. You will be riding premium Kona Bicycles, featuring modern gear systems and hydraulic brakes.
The Best Local Guides
We not only know the area as well as anyone else, but we also actively maintain the trails you'll be using, and we tweak each route based on your interests and skill level.
On Tour Support/Coaching
Our guides provide on-tour coaching and support for any trailside issue and make sure you get the best possible experience on the bike, regardless of your experience level.
For individual bookings, we keep our groups small and within similar experience levels. It's the best way to make sure everyone can enjoy the ride and feel supported.
Fully licensed & insured
Since our start in 2017, we are a fully licensed operator (RNAAT 893/2017). We're proud of our safety record, and all our activities and clients are covered by insurance.
“We did the bike ride to the winery and it was the best day of our entire trip. We have three kids aged 12 to 20 and everyone enjoyed the ride (although the little kids complained they didn’t get any wine). Bruno was the consummate guide; helpful, funny and informative. Can’t recommend highly enough!”