Sintra Mountain Biking Discover Sintra's best mountain bike trails in one of Portugal's most famous natural parks!
Sintra Mountain Biking
Home to some of Portugal's best enduro mountain bike trails, this is a must do ride if you love mountain biking!
Sintra trails are some of the best enduro and downhill mountain bike trails in the country, but they're also within one of Portugal's most famous natural parks, featuring an amazing landscape with a luxurious evergreen forest and great ocean views
4h ride + light lunch + transport from/to Ericeira
10am or 2pm (pickup time in Ericeira)
intermediate and advanced
Included with the tour:
- Premium Hardtail Mountain Bike (optional full fuspension bike available)
- Light lunch/picnic
- Helmet, gloves, knee pads and water bottle (brand new, yours to keep)
- Experienced guide and mountain bike coaching
- Action photos
- Transport from and to your hotel
- World class mountain bike trails. Hand built by a passionate community for over 30 years, each and every trail is unique and different from one another.
- Bike + gear (helmet, gloves, knee pads) + lunch + guiding + transport is all included, you just need to show up. Full suspension rental bikes, uplifts and full day rides are also possible (contact us with your specific requests)
- A light lunch/picnic stop mid-ride in the mountain is included (sandwich, fruit, pastries, soda and coffee - please advise of food restrictions upfront)
- On a typical ride we explore both the north and the south of the mountain. On the north side expect loamy dirt trails deep in the forest, while south is more hardpack with grippy rocks and huge granite boulders!
- The climbs are mostly gentle and we take our time to get to the top so we have energy for the challenging downhills.
- The trails have been hand-built and maintained by the community for more than 30 years and are very natural and feature rocks and steep sections. Some of the trails have drops and jumps, some as natural trail features and others specifically built, but it's (almost) always possible to ride around
- One day is not enough to explore all the trails (not even two days), but we'll make sure to match them to your interests and experience level
- Full Suspension enduro rental bikes (Kona Process 134/153) available for +20€
- Shuttle assisted/uplifts available for minimum of 3 riders (15€ per rider)
- Possibility of full day with uplifts (around 6h of riding)
Explore our tours
Ride with us
Everything you need to know about our tours
Mountain Biking is a great way to stay active and discover a region in an eco-friendly way. All our rides are adjustable to each person/group's ability and we make your safety and enjoyment our highest priority!
All Included Service
Just bring shoes and comfortable clothing, everything else is included: bike, helmet, water, snacks, and pickup/drop-off right from your hotel in the Ericeira area.
Premium Bikes and Gear
We don't cut corners when it comes to equipment and safety. You will be riding premium Kona Bicycles, featuring modern gear systems and hydraulic brakes.
The Best Local Guides
We not only know the area as well as anyone else, but we also actively maintain the trails you'll be using, and we tweak each route based on your interests and skill level.
On Tour Support/Coaching
Our guides provide on-tour coaching and support for any trailside issue and make sure you get the best possible experience on the bike, regardless of your experience level.
For individual bookings, we keep our groups small and within similar experience levels. It's the best way to make sure everyone can enjoy the ride and feel supported.
“We did the bike ride to the winery and it was the best day of our entire trip. We have three kids aged 12 to 20 and everyone enjoyed the ride (although the little kids complained they didn’t get any wine). Bruno was the consummate guide; helpful, funny and informative. Can’t recommend highly enough!”